Freddie and his friends return for exciting summer trail
- Credit: Nick Butcher
It is a popular annual trail that captivates thousands of people over the summer.
Freddie the fish and his friends have swum back to Lowestoft from a number of exotic destinations.
And the people of Lowestoft will have the chance to search for 21 fishy friends this year, as the fish sculptures will be hiding around the town once more.
Thanks to Lowestoft Vision, the town's business improvement district (BID) managed by Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, the Find Freddie the Fish and Friends summer trail returns this weekend for its sixth year and runs between Saturday, July 27 and September 1.
Along with finding the fish, Freddie has invited a couple of star guests to his trail and there is an extra competition where children have the chance to find four stamps located within shops and cafés in the historic High Street and town centre.
You may also want to watch:
Participants need to complete these on the special leaflets to be in with a chance of winning hundreds of pounds worth of prizes donated by local retailers who are involved in the trail.
The trail, organised by Lowestoft Vision, is in its sixth year, originally starting with the Turtle trail.
- 1 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 2 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 3 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 4 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 5 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 6 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 7 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 8 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 9 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 10 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
Amie Mullen, BID manager for Lowestoft Vision said: "We can't wait to see everyone out and about taking part this year in even greater numbers than the highly successful 2018 trail.
"We would like to say a huge thank you to our sponsors of this year's fish trail - without them, this free event wouldn't have been possible."
? Pick up your entry forms from Lowestoft Library or any participating store.