Free fry-ups prove to be a tasty treat in Waveney
- Credit: Archant © 2013
A sizzling treat was served to loyal customers as people were encouraged to start the day the best way – with a delicious breakfast.
Some of the finest local produce was on display as Beccles Farmers Market celebrated Farmhouse Breakfast Week – which starts tomorrow (Sunday) – in style.
Free fry-ups were provided for customers using local ingredients sourced from stalls at the popular market at Beccles Heliport on Ellough Airfield.
The market, which has been running for almost 13 years, attracted a good turn-out this morning (Saturday) despite the snowy conditions. And while the wintry weather meant freezing temperatures outside, hungry customers were kept warm inside as they queued up for their free breakfast.
Tucking in to some of the finest food the market has to offer, locally-produced sausages sizzled alongside bacon, eggs, mushrooms and rolls as stall holders from across Waveney and market organisers said a big thank-you to its loyal customers over the past 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
Elizabeth Hall, who is the market co-organiser and Hundred River Beef stall holder, said the stall holders at the market, which is held every first and third Saturday of the month, wanted to thank their customers for their business in the past year, as they look ahead to 2013.
She said: 'This is about giving something back to our customers for their continued support.'
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 9 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
? For more pictures and a full report of the market, which attracts hundreds of customers and numerous producers from across Waveney, be sure to buy this week's Journal.