Free HR masterclass in Lowestoft will help businesses prepare for redundancy and restructure
- Credit: Archant
With the General Election result producing ongoing political uncertainty, businesses need to prepare for the possible impact of that uncertainty.
That is the message which will be put across at a masterclass being presented by HR specialists from Lovewell Blake at an event in Lowestoft next month.
Entitled 'Redundancy and Restructure,' the session will cover a whole range of legal, change management and reputational issues involved in down-sizing or restructuring a business.
Lovewell Blake's HR Consultants Vicky Webber and Gemma Chapman will present best practice tips on all aspects of redundancy and restructure – including reducing hours and short-time working, carrying out a fair redundancy process, reorganising existing staff, redundancy payments and managing change effectively.
Vicky Webber said: 'With the National Living wage potentially set to rise to £10 by 2020, and with Brexit – in whatever form – approaching in 2019, it is important to prepare your business for any impact.
You may also want to watch:
'We are in a period of considerable political and economic uncertainty, and no-one really knows what the future holds. So the sensible thing is to plan ahead, and think about an implementation process in case you need to make changes, rather than a knee jerk reaction at the last moment.
'It isn't just about the legal process, important though that is to get right. Equally vital is minimising the damage to your organisation and to its reputation, and managing the aftermath of any restructure to ensure that those staff who are left feel motivated and remain productive.'
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 3 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 4 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 5 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 6 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 7 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 8 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 9 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
The HR Masterclass takes place on Thursday, July 6 in Lowestoft, from 7.45am to 9.15am. Attendance is free, but places must be booked in advance. For further details, and to book, visit www.lovewell-blake.co.uk/events/HR-Masterclass:-Redundancy-and-restructure.