Free summer activities available for over-55s in Waveney district
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
A Waveney project is inviting older people in the area to take part in free and fun activities this summer.
Activities4me, organised by ActivLives,are open to anyone over the age of 55 who would like to try accessible sporting exercises.
The charity is teaming up with local organisations including Age UK Suffolk and One Life to host a series of activity showcase days.
Caroline Mackinson, Beccles and Bungay coordinator, said: 'We've had a fantastic response to our taster activity sessions so far. The activities offer something for everyone and are ideal for people that finds it difficult to keep physically active and miss the sports or social activities they enjoyed in the past.'
New Age Kurling, New Age Bowls and the Paralympic sport of Boccia will be on offer and are suitable for all regardless of age and are designed to include anyone sitting in a chair or wheelchair.
You may also want to watch:
Showcase days, which take place between 10am to 2pm, are as follows:
Tuesday, July 11, Southwold Rugby club, Southwold
- 1 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 6 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 7 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
Thursday, July 13, The Chaucer Club, Bungay
Tuesday, July 18, The Cut, Halesworth
Monday, July 24 at Public Hall, Beccles
To book your place call ActivLives on 01473 345350.