Free summer activities available for over-55s in Waveney district
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
A Waveney project is inviting older people in the area to take part in free and fun activities this summer.
Activities4me, organised by ActivLives,are open to anyone over the age of 55 who would like to try accessible sporting exercises.
The charity is teaming up with local organisations including Age UK Suffolk and One Life to host a series of activity showcase days.
Caroline Mackinson, Beccles and Bungay coordinator, said: 'We've had a fantastic response to our taster activity sessions so far. The activities offer something for everyone and are ideal for people that finds it difficult to keep physically active and miss the sports or social activities they enjoyed in the past.'
New Age Kurling, New Age Bowls and the Paralympic sport of Boccia will be on offer and are suitable for all regardless of age and are designed to include anyone sitting in a chair or wheelchair.
You may also want to watch:
Showcase days, which take place between 10am to 2pm, are as follows:
Tuesday, July 11, Southwold Rugby club, Southwold
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
Thursday, July 13, The Chaucer Club, Bungay
Tuesday, July 18, The Cut, Halesworth
Monday, July 24 at Public Hall, Beccles
To book your place call ActivLives on 01473 345350.