Free summer activities return to Lowestoft beach
- Credit: Archant
A popular programme of free children's activities is returning to the beach at Lowestoft for a third consecutive summer.
The activities, designed for children aged between nine and sixteen, have been organised by Waveney District Council's active communities team and will run for the duration of the school summer holidays.
Starting on Thursday, July 23, the activities will take place each Tuesday and Thursday and they will feature alternating sports throughout the five-week period.
Activities include archery, futsal, dodge ball, rounders, beach golf, boxing, tag rugby and cricket.
Climbing will also be available on 23 July and 13 August, with the climbing wall located on the Cliff Road car park.
You may also want to watch:
Mary Rudd, Waveney District Council's cabinet member for community health, said: 'We are delighted to be running this programme again, which provides local children with free healthy activities over the school holidays and which will hopefully inspire them to take part in some form of sport after the summer.'
Last year, over 200 children enjoyed these activities which take place on Lowestoft's Blue Flag beach.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 8 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 9 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
Booking is not required for any of the activities and children can simply turn up on the day, with all events offered on a 'first come first served' basis.
Sign in will be at 1pm at Beach Hut 222, south of Claremont Pier.