Free summer theatre showcase in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
People in Lowestoft are being invited to a free theatre performance next week.
Arts charity, Suffolk Artlink, will host a theatre performance next Thursday, June 15, which has been developed and performed by artists with learning disabilities.
It takes place between 1.30pm and 3pm at the Bethel Centre in Battery Green Road, Lowestoft. Watch as a lonely girl travels the county, helping to resolve other people's problems. The recipients of her support include a superhero, a robber, a pop star and a zombie, who has recently been gifted a vegetarian cook book.
The performance is the culmination of the arts charity's bi-annual arts training course which offers students with learning disabilities the chance to enjoy an in-depth exploration of an art form.
This term, led by artists Kirsty Thorpe, Lisa Marie Hoctor, Sally Zubowski and Molly Barrett, the art students formed their own theatre companies and created works that are infused with their ideas, creativity and imagination.
You may also want to watch:
During a series of workshops, students developed stories, made costumes and props, learned about lighting, sound and other theatrical techniques to bring their tales to life.
Charlie Meyer, Project Development Officer for Suffolk Artlink said: 'It is really important to us that we put our students are the heart of the art we create together.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 8 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
'We'd love you to share the inspiration, exploration and fun enjoyed by our students this term by attending our free public performance.'
For more information, please contact Fran or Charlie at Suffolk Artlink on 01986 873955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org