Free summer theatre showcase in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
People in Lowestoft are being invited to a free theatre performance next week.
Arts charity, Suffolk Artlink, will host a theatre performance next Thursday, June 15, which has been developed and performed by artists with learning disabilities.
It takes place between 1.30pm and 3pm at the Bethel Centre in Battery Green Road, Lowestoft. Watch as a lonely girl travels the county, helping to resolve other people's problems. The recipients of her support include a superhero, a robber, a pop star and a zombie, who has recently been gifted a vegetarian cook book.
The performance is the culmination of the arts charity's bi-annual arts training course which offers students with learning disabilities the chance to enjoy an in-depth exploration of an art form.
This term, led by artists Kirsty Thorpe, Lisa Marie Hoctor, Sally Zubowski and Molly Barrett, the art students formed their own theatre companies and created works that are infused with their ideas, creativity and imagination.
You may also want to watch:
During a series of workshops, students developed stories, made costumes and props, learned about lighting, sound and other theatrical techniques to bring their tales to life.
Charlie Meyer, Project Development Officer for Suffolk Artlink said: 'It is really important to us that we put our students are the heart of the art we create together.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 5 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 6 Locked mountain bikes stolen from cycle rack outside supermarket
- 7 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 10 Appeal to find missing woman last seen near Suffolk coast
'We'd love you to share the inspiration, exploration and fun enjoyed by our students this term by attending our free public performance.'
For more information, please contact Fran or Charlie at Suffolk Artlink on 01986 873955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org