Free summer theatre showcase in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
People in Lowestoft are being invited to a free theatre performance next week.
Arts charity, Suffolk Artlink, will host a theatre performance next Thursday, June 15, which has been developed and performed by artists with learning disabilities.
It takes place between 1.30pm and 3pm at the Bethel Centre in Battery Green Road, Lowestoft. Watch as a lonely girl travels the county, helping to resolve other people's problems. The recipients of her support include a superhero, a robber, a pop star and a zombie, who has recently been gifted a vegetarian cook book.
The performance is the culmination of the arts charity's bi-annual arts training course which offers students with learning disabilities the chance to enjoy an in-depth exploration of an art form.
This term, led by artists Kirsty Thorpe, Lisa Marie Hoctor, Sally Zubowski and Molly Barrett, the art students formed their own theatre companies and created works that are infused with their ideas, creativity and imagination.
You may also want to watch:
During a series of workshops, students developed stories, made costumes and props, learned about lighting, sound and other theatrical techniques to bring their tales to life.
Charlie Meyer, Project Development Officer for Suffolk Artlink said: 'It is really important to us that we put our students are the heart of the art we create together.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
'We'd love you to share the inspiration, exploration and fun enjoyed by our students this term by attending our free public performance.'
For more information, please contact Fran or Charlie at Suffolk Artlink on 01986 873955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org