Free swimming in Waveney
PEOPLE under 16 and over 60 will be able to register for two years of free swimming this weekend.Following two successful trial periods, Waveney District Council is now offering free swimming to under 16s and over 60s.
PEOPLE under 16 and over 60 will be able to register for two years of free swimming this weekend.
Following two successful trial periods, Waveney District Council is now offering free swimming to under 16s and over 60s. The first registration event takes place this weekend (March 7/8) at both Water Lane leisure centre in Lowestoft and Bungay pool, from 10am to 3pm. The second registration event runs on March 14 and 15.
Anyone wishing to register needs to bring a passport-sized photograph and proof of age. Registration forms will be available on the day from the pools or can be picked up in advance.
Swimmers who signed up for a similar scheme in 2008 will have to re-register as this is a new initative.
You may also want to watch:
Free swimming will be available during timetabled public sessions and adult only sessions and the initiative runs until March 31 2011.
For further information and details of registration contact Water Lane Leisure Centre, Water Lane, Lowestoft on 01502 569116 or Bungay Pool and Gym, St John's Hill, Bungay on 01986 895014.
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 3 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 10 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week