Free swimming in Waveney
PEOPLE under 16 and over 60 will be able to register for two years of free swimming this weekend.Following two successful trial periods, Waveney District Council is now offering free swimming to under 16s and over 60s.
PEOPLE under 16 and over 60 will be able to register for two years of free swimming this weekend.
Following two successful trial periods, Waveney District Council is now offering free swimming to under 16s and over 60s. The first registration event takes place this weekend (March 7/8) at both Water Lane leisure centre in Lowestoft and Bungay pool, from 10am to 3pm. The second registration event runs on March 14 and 15.
Anyone wishing to register needs to bring a passport-sized photograph and proof of age. Registration forms will be available on the day from the pools or can be picked up in advance.
Swimmers who signed up for a similar scheme in 2008 will have to re-register as this is a new initative.
You may also want to watch:
Free swimming will be available during timetabled public sessions and adult only sessions and the initiative runs until March 31 2011.
For further information and details of registration contact Water Lane Leisure Centre, Water Lane, Lowestoft on 01502 569116 or Bungay Pool and Gym, St John's Hill, Bungay on 01986 895014.
- 1 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 2 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 3 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 4 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 5 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 8 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 9 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 10 Suzuki and Honda motorbikes stolen in overnight thefts