Free swimming in Waveney
PEOPLE under 16 and over 60 will be able to register for two years of free swimming this weekend.Following two successful trial periods, Waveney District Council is now offering free swimming to under 16s and over 60s.
PEOPLE under 16 and over 60 will be able to register for two years of free swimming this weekend.
Following two successful trial periods, Waveney District Council is now offering free swimming to under 16s and over 60s. The first registration event takes place this weekend (March 7/8) at both Water Lane leisure centre in Lowestoft and Bungay pool, from 10am to 3pm. The second registration event runs on March 14 and 15.
Anyone wishing to register needs to bring a passport-sized photograph and proof of age. Registration forms will be available on the day from the pools or can be picked up in advance.
Swimmers who signed up for a similar scheme in 2008 will have to re-register as this is a new initative.
Free swimming will be available during timetabled public sessions and adult only sessions and the initiative runs until March 31 2011.
For further information and details of registration contact Water Lane Leisure Centre, Water Lane, Lowestoft on 01502 569116 or Bungay Pool and Gym, St John's Hill, Bungay on 01986 895014.
- 1 'Something for everyone' - People's Party in the Park to mark occasion
- 2 Armed police arrest man seen 'shooting gulls' with air rifle
- 3 Revealed: First Light Festival's full music line-up
- 4 Investigation as mum suffers seizures which started shortly after Covid jab
- 5 Former bank could become vets to meet boom in pet ownership
- 6 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 7 'A real asset to the town': Traders unveiled for new seafront food hall
- 8 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 9 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 10 New railway photographic exhibition set to hit town