Fresh appeal over Great Yarmouth sex attack
Anthony CarrollPolice investigating a sexual assault in Great Yarmouth are appealing for three men who may have vital information on the attack to come forward. The sex assault happened at around 1.Anthony Carroll
Police investigating a sexual assault in Great Yarmouth are appealing for three men who may have vital information on the attack to come forward.
The sex assault happened at around 1.20am on Sunday in the area of the recreation ground next to Midland Close.
A 28 year old female was approached by two males who engaged her in conversation, pulled her into the recreation ground and sexually assaulted her. Her handbag and mobile phone were also stolen.
Detectives from Yarmouth police station say they keen to speak to three males who are believed to have given chase to the two suspects following the assault.
You may also want to watch:
They pursued the men from Sandown Road towards the Great Yarmouth Town Football Club ground at Wellesley Road but lost sight of them in that area.
The men may have information that could be of assistance to the investigation and are being urged to come forward and make contact with police.
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 5 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 6 School sites targeted as vandals cause damage across Lowestoft
- 7 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 8 New restaurant offering 'finest Asian cuisine' opens in Lowestoft
- 9 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 10 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
The handbag and mobile phone have not yet been recovered and officers would like to hear from anyone who may have found the items.
DI Rickie Botwright said: 'We are particularly keen to hear from the three males as they may have further information regarding the identity of the two offenders in this incident.
'They are not under suspicion in anyway, but might be able to help us further with our enquiries.
'Our investigations are continuing and the victim is receiving support from officers following this very serious and frightening assault.
'I would urge anyone who may have noticed anything suspicious in the area around the time stated or from anyone with information in relation to the suspects to contact police.'
Contact Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567 or anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.