Fresh appeal over Great Yarmouth sex attack
Anthony CarrollPolice investigating a sexual assault in Great Yarmouth are appealing for three men who may have vital information on the attack to come forward. The sex assault happened at around 1.Anthony Carroll
Police investigating a sexual assault in Great Yarmouth are appealing for three men who may have vital information on the attack to come forward.
The sex assault happened at around 1.20am on Sunday in the area of the recreation ground next to Midland Close.
A 28 year old female was approached by two males who engaged her in conversation, pulled her into the recreation ground and sexually assaulted her. Her handbag and mobile phone were also stolen.
Detectives from Yarmouth police station say they keen to speak to three males who are believed to have given chase to the two suspects following the assault.
You may also want to watch:
They pursued the men from Sandown Road towards the Great Yarmouth Town Football Club ground at Wellesley Road but lost sight of them in that area.
The men may have information that could be of assistance to the investigation and are being urged to come forward and make contact with police.
- 1 Man who assaulted young girl has sex offences prevention order lifted
- 2 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 3 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 4 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 5 Empty town centre store sells ahead of auction
- 6 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 7 Plea to identify woman after staffie attacks three dogs in Kessingland
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Lifeboat launched to kayakers 'in trouble' off coast
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
The handbag and mobile phone have not yet been recovered and officers would like to hear from anyone who may have found the items.
DI Rickie Botwright said: 'We are particularly keen to hear from the three males as they may have further information regarding the identity of the two offenders in this incident.
'They are not under suspicion in anyway, but might be able to help us further with our enquiries.
'Our investigations are continuing and the victim is receiving support from officers following this very serious and frightening assault.
'I would urge anyone who may have noticed anything suspicious in the area around the time stated or from anyone with information in relation to the suspects to contact police.'
Contact Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567 or anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.