Free swimming sessions during summer holidays
- Credit: Archant
Under-16s across Waveney are being given the opportunity to swim for free this summer.
Waveney District Council have teamed up with Sentinel Leisure Trust to offer free swimming sessions at Lowestoft's Waterlane Leisure Centre and the Bungay Pool and Gym.
Council leader Mark bee said: 'We are delighted to now be able to offer free swimming sessions at both of our leisure centres to compliment the beach activities and to open up the free activities to young people across Waveney.
'Sport not only helps to keep our young people physically active and healthy, it also ensures they are occupied over what can be a long summer break.'
The free sessions began on Tuesday and win run for the next six weeks.
You may also want to watch:
At Waterlane Leisure Centre the sessions will take place between 12pm and 2pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
While sessions at Bungay will be held between 2pm and 4pm on Wednesday and Friday, and 1pm and 3pm on Sundays.
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 3 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 4 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 5 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 6 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 7 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend
- 8 Concerns raised over 'excessive' feeding of ducks at popular pond
- 9 Swimmer in trouble at sea sparks lifeboat and coastguards response
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft