Gift of medical equipment will help people with lower limb problems
- Credit: Archant
Equipment donated by a group of fundraisers to a community nursing service is set to benefit many patients with lower leg conditions.
The Friends Supporting Lowestoft Healthcare – formerly known as the Friends of Lowestoft Hospital – presented the equipment called Toe Dopplers to the East Coast Community Healthcare (ECCH) Clinical Services department, which is based at Kirkley Mill surgery and provides NHS community health services in the local area.
Members of the Friends committee were at the presentation to see the equipment demonstrated by members of the Community Nursing team.
ECCH Clinical Services co-ordinator, Kate Spence, said: 'We are extremely grateful to the Friends Supporting Lowestoft Healthcare for giving us the funding for these Toe Dopplers.
'They are a valuable resource for checking blood pressure in the lower limb particularly when the leg is swollen. Access to the Toe Doppler will increase the number of patients with lower leg conditions who we can safely begin treating with compression bandages and prevent delays in leg ulcer treatment.'
You may also want to watch:
Pat Rayner, chairman of The Friends, said: 'The leg equipment given to ECCH cost £6,500 and we understand that the NHS were unlikely to be able to fund these, so we are pleased to be able to help.
'With the closure of the Lowestoft Hospital our charity is able to provide funding to support other health care requests from doctor's surgeries and health centres in Lowestoft.'
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 6 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 7 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
Anyone needing to find out more about what the charity has to offer should e-mail Mrs Rayner via email@example.com