Friends’ tributes to north Suffolk man killed in Scotland
Tributes have been paid to a 20-year-old man from Beccles who was killed outside a pub in Scotland.
Matthew Martin's body was found behind the Village Inn pub in East Kilbride on February 7.
Andrew Deighan, 23, from Cambuslang, near Glasgow, has been charged with Mr Martin's murder and appeared in court on February 15. He made no plea or declaration at Hamilton Sheriff Court and was remanded into custody.
Mr Martin was known to his friends as Matty and following his death flowers and heartfelt messages were left at the scene.
A poignant message from his girlfriend Donna said: 'We were meant to have a future together and now you have been you have been taken from me. I love you so much babe and will for the rest of my life. You will always be in my heart and I will miss you so much.'
Other messages included: 'You were one of the good guys Matty, rest in peace.'
Hundreds of tribute messages have also been left on the social networking website Facebook.
- 1 Man throws brick through living room window in Lowestoft
- 2 Have your say on redevelopment of station building vacant for 50 years
- 3 Hundreds bask in sun for return of 'wonderful' event
- 4 'Time for some you time': Unwind at brand new wellbeing retreat
- 5 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 6 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 7 Police hunt wanted man from Lowestoft
- 8 Roads 'likely' to flood as thunderstorms hit Suffolk
- 9 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 10 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
One said: 'Rest in peace Matty. My thoughts are with the family and friends at this horrific time.'
Another said: 'Absolute legend, such a cracking guy, missed so much and by so many. Sleep tight buddy, RIP.'
A notice placed in the Journal said that Mr Martin was the loving son of Mandy and Bernie and Stuart and a much loved brother to Hannah, Jamie and Jack.
The notice adds that he was 'tragically taken from us on February 7' and that he 'will be sadly missed by all the family'.
His funeral service will take place at St Michael's Church in Beccles next Thursday at noon and will be followed by a private committal at Gorleston Crematorium. Family flowers only. Donations to Support after Murder and Manslaughter are being accepted by Anglia Co-Operative Funerals.