Fun, flowers, scarecrows and entertainment aplenty at popular event
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Fun for all the family will be in store next weekend as a popular festival returns.
The Lound Festival takes place over the weekend of June 23 to June 25.
There will be a fun day and fete on the Saturday (June 24) on the village green including classic cars, stalls, activities, games, a children's area with bouncy castles and the village scarecrow trail. There will also be a free 'treasure hunt' around the fete.
With the first scarecrow trail to be held in Lound last year proving popular, villagers have been planning their children's book character scarecrows ahead of next weekend.
The fete is from 10am to 4pm on Saturday, June 24 with the annual flower festival held at Lound Church from next Friday to Sunday featuring a complementary theme of Children's Bible Stories.
You may also want to watch:
Next Saturday evening, from 6.30pm, there will be a barbecue, refreshments and entertainment in the village hall.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 9 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft