Fund-raiser set to boost popular Lowestoft teenager’s recovery from major surgery
THE latest fund-raising event for a sport-loving Lowestoft teenager is set to be held tomorrow (Saturday).
Lewis Stanners-Lee, 18, woke up on Father's Day and found he was unable to move his neck and had some pain between his shoulder blades - and less than 24 hours later he had to have major surgery after it was discovered that he had a serious bleed at the top of his spine.
As the Lowestoft College student faces months of recovery from a condition called quadriplegia - meaning that the four limbs are paralysed - at the world-famous Stoke Mandeville Hospital in Buckinghamshire, Lewis's family issued an appeal for support as they hold fund-raisers to help them cover their travel costs and provide for his future.
And the latest fund-raiser takes place tomorrow (October 6) as the Paul Cole Cancer Fund organise an event at Pakefield Caravan Park in Arbor Lane.
Organiser Zoiyar Cole said: 'Everyone is welcome along between 10am and 2pm as we hold a bottle tombola stall - complete with more than 100 bottles - at Pakefield Caravan Park.'
You may also want to watch:
Lewis's aunt, Della Edwards, of George Close, said: 'We're asking for help to raise money for his grandparents who have raised him since he was two. It will cover travel costs because they cannot get any help as he is so far away from home, as well as clothes and special things that Lewis will need.'
• If you can help Lewis, ring Mr and Mrs Salt on 01502 538387.
- 1 Man who assaulted young girl has sex offences prevention order lifted
- 2 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 3 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 4 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 5 Empty town centre store sells ahead of auction
- 6 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 7 Plea to identify woman after staffie attacks three dogs in Kessingland
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Lifeboat launched to kayakers 'in trouble' off coast
- 10 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction