Fund-raisers for Carlton Colville family centre plans
A FUND-RAISING campaign to build a �3m family centre in Carlton Colville has organised a pub quiz and a zumba session next month.
In September the proposals for the Discovery Family Centre were revealed to help address a lack of leisure and social facilities.
To help achieve the dream of creating the family centre the charitable group behind it has set up a quiz night on March 3 and a session of exotic zumba dancing on March 31.
The new fund-raising events come as people in Carlton Colville are being leafleted about what clubs and courses the new centre could provide.
Some of the ideas include knitting, crocheting, model making, hair braiding, computer training, parenting and film groups or classes.
You may also want to watch:
As previously revealed in the Journal the Discovery Family Centre could be built on one of three sites if funding is secured.
Plans for it include a creche, a health and fitness suite, recording studios, a community cafe and kitchen and a hall available for local groups and a possible cinema.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
• Both fund-raising events will take place in the Hall Road Community Centre.
The quiz night, sponsored by Harrod UK, starts at 7pm with �5 entry per team, which can have up to five people.
The zumba night starts at 7pm and costs �5 to take part.
For more information call 01502 581757 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org