Funding available to help boost local projects
- Credit: Archant
The application process for community groups and organisations to get project and activity funding has opened.
Waveney District Council's Community Enabling Fund offers groups the chance to apply for up to £2,500.
Councillor Mark Bee, leader of Waveney District Council, said: 'The Community Enabling Fund is once again open to community groups which provide support and activities for local people. We are very much looking forward to receiving applications for a broad variety of projects which directly benefit Waveney residents.'
There is £26,049 for the year, with application advice saying to focus on promoting health and wellbeing, with increased access to leisure, arts and cultural facilities.
Projects must start from August 1, 2018 and finish by July 31, 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.eastsuffolk.gov.uk/waveney-community-enabling-fund or call 01502 523334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Monday 9 July 2018.
- 1 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 4 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Have your say about the future of Pakefield's eroding coastline
- 7 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 10 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft