Funding available to boost projects across Waveney
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Community groups, registered charities and voluntary organisations in Waveney are being invited to apply for funding.
It comes as the latest round of the Waveney Community Enabling Fund has now been launched by the district council.
Groups, charities and voluntary organisations are being offered the chance to apply for up to £2,500 to help to fund new community projects or enhance existing community activity and schemes.
Mark Bee, Waveney District Council leader, said: 'We are delighted to launch the latest round of the Community Enabling Fund, which will help benefit people and communities in Waveney.
'One of the key priorities in our Business Plan is enabling communities to develop and deliver worthwhile schemes and projects for local people. This funding is an important contribution to that ambition and we are greatly looking forward to hearing from local people and doing what we can to support their schemes and ideas.'
You may also want to watch:
Applications are welcome from any local organisation looking to run a project offering support to key groups within the area. Overall there is an allocation of £25,800 for 2017-18. Funding criteria will ensure that resources are allocated to the most deserving causes. Applications should focus on promoting health and well-being, with increased access to leisure, arts and cultural facilities, empowering and local communities, developing communities. They must be ready to start delivery from October 1 and finish by September 30 next year.
Final decisions will be made in September 2017 and applicants will be informed whether they have been successful in obtaining funding, in writing.
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 7 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
To apply, or find out more about the funding and eligibility, visit www.eastsuffolk.gov.uk/waveney-community-enabling-fund or contact the council's funding team on 01502 523334.
The deadline for applications is noon on August 30.