Funding boost for church
- Credit: Archant
A church will be able to install two new heating units after receiving a funding boost.
The St Peter and St John Parish Church in Kirkley was celebrating after they were boosted with more than £3,500 from the locality budgets of two Suffolk county councillors.
Jenny Ceresa and Jamie Starling – county councillors for the Lowestoft South division – jointly contributed a total of £3,624 to the church in St Peter's Road.
With both councillors giving £1,812 each from their locality budgets, it meant the church will be able to purchase and install two gas fired heating units.
Mr Starling presented a cheque for £3,624 to Rev Eoin Buchanan, of the St Peter and St John Parish Church in Kirkley, recently.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Starling said: 'The money will be used to purchase two new heating units so that the church can continue to host community events during the winter months.'
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 5 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 6 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 7 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 8 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 9 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend