Book sale to raise funds for popular library
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A fundraising book sale will help to boost a popular library.
The Friends of Southwold Library has organised a big book sale, which will be held at the Scout Hall on Mights Road in Southwold this weekend.
A 'massive selection' of donated fiction, non fiction and children's books are available at the sale, which runs between 10am and 4pm on Saturday and Sunday, September 15/16 – with visitors able to 'fill a bag for £3' or 50p a book.
Next week, at Southwold Library, on North Green, Southwold two new classes will be starting for those interested in learning a foreign language.
German for beginners will start on Mondays from September 17 for 10 weeks between noon and 1.30pm. Also starting at the library on Mondays from September 17 for 10 weeks, between 2pm and 3.30pm, a French for improvers course will be held.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to book a place contact the library, or Helen at Waveney Languages Tuition via firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Suzuki and Honda motorbikes stolen in overnight thefts
- 8 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Bulky waste collection service suspended