Book sale to raise funds for popular library
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A fundraising book sale will help to boost a popular library.
The Friends of Southwold Library has organised a big book sale, which will be held at the Scout Hall on Mights Road in Southwold this weekend.
A 'massive selection' of donated fiction, non fiction and children's books are available at the sale, which runs between 10am and 4pm on Saturday and Sunday, September 15/16 – with visitors able to 'fill a bag for £3' or 50p a book.
Next week, at Southwold Library, on North Green, Southwold two new classes will be starting for those interested in learning a foreign language.
German for beginners will start on Mondays from September 17 for 10 weeks between noon and 1.30pm. Also starting at the library on Mondays from September 17 for 10 weeks, between 2pm and 3.30pm, a French for improvers course will be held.
You may also want to watch:
For more information or to book a place contact the library, or Helen at Waveney Languages Tuition via email@example.com
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school