Amazing turnout praised as funds are raised for library
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A fundraising book sale has helped to boost a popular library.
The Friends of Southwold Library (FoSL) organised a book stall outside the former Lloyds Bank in Southwold – and an amazing turnout of people saw more than £115 raised.
A spokesman said: 'The Friends of Southwold Library would like to thank all of those who attended, helped at or donated to their book stall on Saturday, August 4 outside what was Lloyds Bank, Southwold.
'Library manager, Charlotte Clark was impressed by the sheer number of people who patronised the stall, buying seven boxes worth of books and taking £116.79.'
The Friends of Southwold Library (FoSL) will be holding a big book sale over two days next month at the Scout Hall at Mights Road in Southwold.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said: 'The Friends' next book sale is a two day spectacular on Saturday and Sunday September 15/16 from 10am to 4pm at the Scout Hall, with over 200 boxes worth of books for sale including fiction, non-fiction and children's books.'
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree