Church events set to boost Thatch Fund
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Events are set to be held as fundraising continues at a popular clifftop church.
Pakefield's Music Appreciation Group will meet at 7.30pm this Friday, May 18 with the letter N the theme for their latest meeting in All Saints' and St Margaret's Church.
A spokesman said: 'With the royal marriage on the following day, those attending might like to include an appropriate piece of music or song to celebrate this occasion – especially if it was played at their own wedding.'
New and existing members can select their favourite CDs to be played and shared. The usual £2 donation will apply.
On Saturday, May 19 a concert will be held as the popular Great Yarmouth Brass Band perform. A varied programme of music will be performed in Pakefield Church from 7.30pm. Tickets cost £6 and are available at the door from 6.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
The events are being held to raise funds for the repair of the thatched roof on Pakefield's clifftop church.
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 5 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 6 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex
- 9 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 10 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl