Church events set to boost Thatch Fund
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Events are set to be held as fundraising continues at a popular clifftop church.
Pakefield's Music Appreciation Group will meet at 7.30pm this Friday, May 18 with the letter N the theme for their latest meeting in All Saints' and St Margaret's Church.
A spokesman said: 'With the royal marriage on the following day, those attending might like to include an appropriate piece of music or song to celebrate this occasion – especially if it was played at their own wedding.'
New and existing members can select their favourite CDs to be played and shared. The usual £2 donation will apply.
On Saturday, May 19 a concert will be held as the popular Great Yarmouth Brass Band perform. A varied programme of music will be performed in Pakefield Church from 7.30pm. Tickets cost £6 and are available at the door from 6.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
The events are being held to raise funds for the repair of the thatched roof on Pakefield's clifftop church.
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 6 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree