Funds raise curtain on new equipment
THE Seagull Theatre and its volunteers have received a �920 boost towards the cost of new sound equipment.The money comes from Bill Mountford, UKIP councillor for Lowestoft South, who made the award as match-funding from his locality budget.
THE Seagull Theatre and its volunteers have received a �920 boost towards the cost of new sound equipment.
The money comes from Bill Mountford, UKIP councillor for Lowestoft South, who made the award as match-funding from his locality budget. It will make a major difference to the revitalised theatre, which reopened last year.
Mr Mountford said: 'I am so pleased to see the Seagull has risen from the ashes of closure. Maybe it should be called the Phoenix!
'They have saved hard for new equipment which will expand and upgrade the facilities they can offer and I'm glad to have helped.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'It's a true community venture that I felt deserved support.'
Volunteer technician Heather Readdy said: 'The Seagull is a great place to work. There's such a wide variety of things going on there, it really keeps you on your toes and offers something for everyone. This grant is so exciting because it helps us grow and continue to improve as a venue for everyone.'
- 1 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 8 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 9 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 10 Man has jaw broken following punch at Latitude Festival
>For details of Seagull Theatre events contact the box office on 01502-589726 or visit www.theseagull.co.uk