Funds raise curtain on new equipment
THE Seagull Theatre and its volunteers have received a �920 boost towards the cost of new sound equipment.The money comes from Bill Mountford, UKIP councillor for Lowestoft South, who made the award as match-funding from his locality budget.
THE Seagull Theatre and its volunteers have received a �920 boost towards the cost of new sound equipment.
The money comes from Bill Mountford, UKIP councillor for Lowestoft South, who made the award as match-funding from his locality budget. It will make a major difference to the revitalised theatre, which reopened last year.
Mr Mountford said: 'I am so pleased to see the Seagull has risen from the ashes of closure. Maybe it should be called the Phoenix!
'They have saved hard for new equipment which will expand and upgrade the facilities they can offer and I'm glad to have helped.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'It's a true community venture that I felt deserved support.'
Volunteer technician Heather Readdy said: 'The Seagull is a great place to work. There's such a wide variety of things going on there, it really keeps you on your toes and offers something for everyone. This grant is so exciting because it helps us grow and continue to improve as a venue for everyone.'
- 1 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 2 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 5 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 6 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 9 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
>For details of Seagull Theatre events contact the box office on 01502-589726 or visit www.theseagull.co.uk