Funds raise curtain on new equipment
THE Seagull Theatre and its volunteers have received a �920 boost towards the cost of new sound equipment.The money comes from Bill Mountford, UKIP councillor for Lowestoft South, who made the award as match-funding from his locality budget.
THE Seagull Theatre and its volunteers have received a �920 boost towards the cost of new sound equipment.
The money comes from Bill Mountford, UKIP councillor for Lowestoft South, who made the award as match-funding from his locality budget. It will make a major difference to the revitalised theatre, which reopened last year.
Mr Mountford said: 'I am so pleased to see the Seagull has risen from the ashes of closure. Maybe it should be called the Phoenix!
'They have saved hard for new equipment which will expand and upgrade the facilities they can offer and I'm glad to have helped.'
He added: 'It's a true community venture that I felt deserved support.'
Volunteer technician Heather Readdy said: 'The Seagull is a great place to work. There's such a wide variety of things going on there, it really keeps you on your toes and offers something for everyone. This grant is so exciting because it helps us grow and continue to improve as a venue for everyone.'
- 1 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 2 Garden transformed into Christmas winter wonderland for local causes
- 3 Suspended sentence for former church worker who indecently assaulted girl
- 4 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 5 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed
- 6 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 7 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 8 Milk in the spotlight for thought provoking projection in Lowestoft
- 9 Lowestoft car damaged after being covered in food and brake fluid
- 10 Families flock to coastal town centre ahead of switch-on event
>For details of Seagull Theatre events contact the box office on 01502-589726 or visit www.theseagull.co.uk