Funeral of popular Lowestoft man who died in road traffic crash being held today
- Credit: Archant
The community will have their chance to pay their respects to Scott Smith when his funeral is held today.
An open funeral will be held at Gorleston Crematorium at 10am, although attendees are asked to allow the family to enter the crematorium first.
No black is to be worn - just football shirts, as Mr Smith was an avid Manchester City supporter.
It will give people a chance to share their thoughts and memories of Mr Smith before a private wake is held afterwards for close friends and family.
Clare Strachan, chairman of the Friends of Fen Park, is also helping to organise a street collection in Lowestoft town centre tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
'For me, it is about keeping his legacy alive,' she said.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 4 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 7 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat