Further link between missing Great Yarmouth man and two dead men found in garage
Anthony CarrollPolice investigating the disappearance of Great Yarmouth man Derek Tempest have said he visited the premises of two men who were later found dead.Mr Tempest, 30, was last seen at around 4pm on Wednesday 28 October 2009 in the Blackfriars Road area of Yarmouth.Anthony Carroll
Police investigating the disappearance of Great Yarmouth man Derek Tempest have said he visited the premises of two men who were later found dead.
Mr Tempest, 30, was last seen at around 4pm on Wednesday 28 October 2009 in the Blackfriars Road area of Yarmouth.
Police and relatives say his disappearance is out of character and he is usually in regular contact with friends and family.
Officers also continue to investigate the circumstances surrounding the deaths of two males at garage workshop in Camden Road, Yarmouth on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
The deaths continue to be treated as unexplained, but are not believed to be suspicious. Post-mortem examinations have been completed and further tests will be carried out to determine the exact cause of death.
It is now believed that Mr Tempest visited the premises at Camden Road at some point during the afternoon of Wednesday 28 October and police enquiries continue to establish the purpose for that visit.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 4 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 5 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 8 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 9 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
House to house enquiries are continuing in the local area and further investigations will be carried out at the Camden Road site over the next few days.
DCI Rick Munns said: 'We remain very concerned for the welfare of Mr Tempest as his disappearance would appear to be out of character. We are keeping an open mind as to where he might be and would appeal for anyone with information to come forward.
'Our investigations into the deaths at Camden Road continue and a number of lines of enquiry are being pursued.
'While we believe that Mr Tempest visited the premises last Wednesday afternoon, it would be inappropriate to speculate on the purpose of that visit at this time.'
Mr Tempest is described as white, 5ft10, short light brown hair, clean shaven with a local accent and was last seen wearing blue jeans, a dark brown/khaki jacket, white trainers and a white baseball cap.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts should contact Yarmouth police on 0845 4564567.