Game on for young hockey leaders
- Credit: Archant
Talented young hockey players from Lowestoft have been officially accredited as young leaders in the sport.
Students from East Point Academy, in Kirkley, took part in the England Hockey Leadership Award scheme earlier this year.
They joined with players from The Hewett Academy and Jane Austen College in Norwich, and Cromer Academy, for the scheme in July.
Led by Hewett Academy teacher and England Hockey level three coach Mary Cheesman, they spent an intensive day on The Hewett Academy's astro pitch developing their leadership, coaching, umpiring, and team management skills.
The students received a certificate from England Hockey and will now support in PE lessons and fixtures across the Inspiration Trust's family of schools, as well as at the annual Trust tournament.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Cheesman said: 'Congratulations to all our young leaders who worked hard to achieve their awards.
'They are looking forward to sharing their passion and enthusiasm for hockey with their fellow students.'
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 3 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 4 Flood warning as Suffolk set for 23 hours of heavy rain later this week
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 7 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 10 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts