Gas leak forces road closure
A major gas leak has prompted the closure of a main road out of Norwich this evening .Police have closed the road at Stockton roundabout on the A146 near Beccles.
A major gas leak prompted the closure of a main road out of Norwich this evening .
Police closed the road at Stockton roundabout on the A146 near Beccles, with diversions are in place, but a heavy build up of traffic was reported.
The road is now fully re-opened.
Fire crews from Loddon and Beccles were on the scene as a precaution and engineers from Transco dealt with the leak.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk Fire Service spokesman described the incident as a 'major gas leak'.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 9 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 10 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021