Gas leak forces road closure
A major gas leak has prompted the closure of a main road out of Norwich this evening .Police have closed the road at Stockton roundabout on the A146 near Beccles.
A major gas leak prompted the closure of a main road out of Norwich this evening .
Police closed the road at Stockton roundabout on the A146 near Beccles, with diversions are in place, but a heavy build up of traffic was reported.
The road is now fully re-opened.
Fire crews from Loddon and Beccles were on the scene as a precaution and engineers from Transco dealt with the leak.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk Fire Service spokesman described the incident as a 'major gas leak'.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 3 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 4 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Town's ultrafast broadband bid back on track
- 9 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 10 School warning after social media post about girls being approached