Woman taken to hospital following gas leak
- Credit: Archant
Two people had to be evacuated after a gas leak was found at a property.
Firefighters were called at around 4.17pm yesterday (April 30) afternoon following reports that Cadent Gas had located a gas leak at a property on Pier Terrace in Lowestoft.
Three fire crews - two from Lowestoft South and one from North Lowestoft - were sent to the scene, while the East of England Ambulance Service sent an ambulance and a rapid response vehicle.
Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters subsequently removed two casualties from the building.
The pair, along with one other person, were left in the care of the ambulance service and one woman was transported to James Paget Hospital for further treatment.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: 'We were asked to attend by Cadent after a gas leak was found at premises on Pier Terrace. Two people were reported as being inside the property.
'The crews dealt with the situation and were on scene for just over an hour before calling a stop at 5.31pm.'
- 1 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 2 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 6 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Care home tenant takes on walking challenge after cancer battle
- 9 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 10 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members