Woman taken to hospital following gas leak
- Credit: Archant
Two people had to be evacuated after a gas leak was found at a property.
Firefighters were called at around 4.17pm yesterday (April 30) afternoon following reports that Cadent Gas had located a gas leak at a property on Pier Terrace in Lowestoft.
Three fire crews - two from Lowestoft South and one from North Lowestoft - were sent to the scene, while the East of England Ambulance Service sent an ambulance and a rapid response vehicle.
Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters subsequently removed two casualties from the building.
The pair, along with one other person, were left in the care of the ambulance service and one woman was transported to James Paget Hospital for further treatment.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: 'We were asked to attend by Cadent after a gas leak was found at premises on Pier Terrace. Two people were reported as being inside the property.
'The crews dealt with the situation and were on scene for just over an hour before calling a stop at 5.31pm.'
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 Suzuki and Honda motorbikes stolen in overnight thefts
- 6 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 7 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 8 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 9 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 10 Bulky waste collection service suspended