Gas works cause delays on main road through Oulton Broad
- Credit: Archant
Essential works to connect properties to the gas network is causing long delays for drivers travelling through Oulton Broad.
The work is being carried out in Bridge Road between the roundabout at the Wherry Hotel and the Shell petrol station.
Traffic lights are in place on both sides of the road to control traffic.
The work is being carried out by Cadent to ensure properties can access energy from their chosen gas supplier.
A Cadent spokesman said: 'We are currently carrying out work to connect local properties to the gas network on the A1117 Bridge Road. This work will help provide more people with access to safe and reliable gas supplies for cooking and heating.
You may also want to watch:
'To enable the work to be carried out safely and efficiently we are using two-way traffic lights.
'The work started on Monday, July 23, and is due to be completed on Friday, July 27, and we're doing all we can to deliver the work as promptly as possible and with minimal disruption.'
To keep up to date on the latest travel information, visit our live traffic map.
- 1 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 2 Hit-and-run leaves cyclist with head injuries
- 3 Decision to develop 33 homes in field deferred
- 4 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 5 Bid to demolish care home and build new one rejected
- 6 Two people injured after crash between BMW and Vauxhall
- 7 Seafront beach chalets demolished as part of major £1.6m scheme
- 8 Plan passed to turn care home into 11 rooms for adults with complex needs
- 9 Hospital first in UK to open vaccine clinic for people with disabilities
- 10 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike