Gas works cause delays on main road through Oulton Broad
- Credit: Archant
Essential works to connect properties to the gas network is causing long delays for drivers travelling through Oulton Broad.
The work is being carried out in Bridge Road between the roundabout at the Wherry Hotel and the Shell petrol station.
Traffic lights are in place on both sides of the road to control traffic.
The work is being carried out by Cadent to ensure properties can access energy from their chosen gas supplier.
A Cadent spokesman said: 'We are currently carrying out work to connect local properties to the gas network on the A1117 Bridge Road. This work will help provide more people with access to safe and reliable gas supplies for cooking and heating.
You may also want to watch:
'To enable the work to be carried out safely and efficiently we are using two-way traffic lights.
'The work started on Monday, July 23, and is due to be completed on Friday, July 27, and we're doing all we can to deliver the work as promptly as possible and with minimal disruption.'
To keep up to date on the latest travel information, visit our live traffic map.
- 1 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 2 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 3 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 5 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 6 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 7 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 8 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 9 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 10 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft