New pictures show development progress of brand new retail park
- Credit: Archant
These latest pictures show the progress of the new Gateway Retail Park development in Lowestoft.
Situated on the site of the former Zephyr Cams factory on Tower Road, the £9.3m park will feature a drive-thru Costa, Aldi, Card Factory, Greggs and Subway.
Responding to rumours it had pulled out of the project, a spokesman for The Range said in January: 'I can confirm that we are hoping to open a new store in Lowestoft later in the year. This will be part of the Gateway scheme.'
With the area having been derelict since the factory closed in 2002, the Gateway plans were first revealed in 2014 and planning approval was granted in December 2016.
Demolition work finally began in March last year and developers Urban Edge Architecture have been drip-feeding CGI artist's impressions of what the final product is projected to look like.
You may also want to watch:
The park is expected to open in the coming months, once necessary roadworks have been completed.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 8 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 9 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre