'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- Credit: ITV
Rock legend Gene Simmons has told people to go to Lowestoft if they wished to remain un-vaccinated against Covid-19.
The Kiss frontman spoke to ITV's Good Morning Britain on Friday, discussing his artistic talent, Boris Johnson and sharing his thoughts on those who were against getting vaccinated against the coronavirus.
Mr Simmons said to the un-vaccinated: "Get over yourselves.
"Shut up, be respectful of other people and get a vaccine.
"When you get up to a red light, you must stop.
"There's no choice.
"It's because it's not about you, it's about the other innocent people going by.
- 1 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 2 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 3 'Boris needs to go' - Hotel manager's anger over alleged No 10 party
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 7 RAF veteran 'overwhelmed' after receiving 600 cards for 100th birthday
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Have your say on new hospital for Great Yarmouth and Waveney
- 10 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
"So get over yourself.
"Look, you want to be un-vaccinated?
"Go to Lowestoft at the end of the country and stay on the beach by yourself.
"Don't threaten the rest of the Brits with your selfishness."
The 72-year-old rock star had previously spent time in the town after he put together a band made of students from the then Kirkley High School in 2005.
What did you think of Gene Simmons' comments? Email email@example.com with your thoughts.