Get voting for your favourite pet in The Journal’s Pets on Parade contest
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Here they are!
Scores of cute cats and dapper dogs have been entered into The Journal's 2014 Pets on Parade contest.
And for the first time ever, we have some other adorable creatures vying for the prizes too.
A total of 65 pets have been entered and today's Journal is showcasing the 46 dogs, 20 cats and seven other pets that are in the running this year.
All of their owners will be hoping they can emulate our 2013 Pets on Parade champions – top cat Pricess Beau and top dog Duke.
You may also want to watch:
And now we are asking you, our readers, to nominate your favourites.
The competition, which is being run in conjunction with Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft, and All Pets in Bevan Street East, gives readers the chance to vote for their favourite four-legged friends.
- 1 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in
- 10 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
There are no prizes awarded to those of you who send in your votes, but there are some great prizes on offer to the owners of the dogs and cats who receive the most votes, and the runners-up too.
The competition has three categories – Top Cat, Top Dog and Top Pet (for any pets other than cats or dogs), with prizes on offer for the winners, runners-up and third-placed pets in each.
The owners of the dog which polls the most votes will win a 20in x 16in canvas wrap portrait, worth £190, from Picture Studios – plus a £15 voucher from All Pets.
The winner of the cats category will receive the same prizes. The winner of the other pets category will win the canvas wrap portrait and a £10 All Pets voucher.
The runners-up in each category will win 10in x 8in framed portraits, worth £60, with 7in x 5in portraits (worth £46) for those in third-place.
By voting in the competition you will be helping us to choose the most attractive dog and cat in our circulation area – and no doubt putting a big smile on the faces of their proud owners.
Once the votes have been counted, the winning owners will be contacted by The Journal to arrange for a presentation of the prizes.
To cast your vote, simply fill in the coupon in today's Journal and send it to us, to arrive by first post on Friday, March 1. You can vote as many times as you wish – but photocopies will not be accepted.
Votes must be made using the form in this week's Journal and photocopies are not accepted as stated in above (contrary to the wording on the form) itself)