Get your golden ticket to celebrate 50th anniversary with Lowestoft Players
- Credit: Archant
As the multi-award-winning Lowestoft Players mark their 50th anniversary, couples are being given a unique chance to celebrate with the cast by securing a golden ticket.
The Players have staged over 50 different musical productions since 1967 and this September they celebrate 50 years with an anniversary show - The Sound of Musicals.
The Rotary Club of Lowestoft has teamed up with the Players to sponsor 20 golden tickets to see the first of four shows scheduled over the following year to celebrate the milestone.
And couples who will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary any time between September 1 this year and September 30, 2018 - the Players' anniversary year - are invited to apply.
Rotary president Kenny Cantor said: 'Our Club congratulates the Players on their wonderful anniversary year and we thank all those involved with the Players for bringing to the Waveney community over some 50 years the very best of musical theatre.'
You may also want to watch:
The club has been a long-time supporter of the Players, regularly paying for 40 pupils and their helpers from the Warren School to visit their annual pantomime. The club has also staged keyboard concerts at the Players Theatre, sharing the funds between the theatre group and Rotary, and many Rotarians and their families continue to support their shows both there and at the Marina Theatre.
Applications for tickets should be made to Rotarian Malcolm Berridge on 01502 567437 or by email to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is July 31 and the 10 successful couples will be notified shortly after that date.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
The Sound of Musicals will be presented at the Players Theatre in Lowestoft for a total of nine performances, including three matinees, from September 28 to October 7.
It is a fast-moving celebration of classic West End and Broadway shows that have all been performed by the Players over years, with more than 60 performers taking to the stage. The shows include Oklahoma!, Carousel, The Merry Widow, and Showboat from the 1970s, through to recent productions of Chess, Legally Blonde, Hairspray and Sister Act.
To book, visit playerstheatre.info or call 01502 770020.