Gettng ready for convention
Church Notes byNeil Jeffers, curate of Christ Church, Lowestoft. LAST week Church Notes featured this year's Lowestoft Living Word Convention, Reaching the Next Generation, to be held between October 19 and 22, at London Road Baptist Church.
Church Notes byNeil Jeffers, curate of Christ Church, Lowestoft.
LAST week Church Notes featured this year's Lowestoft Living Word Convention, Reaching the Next Generation, to be held between October 19 and 22, at London Road Baptist Church.
It's run by a partnership of local churches, and is open to all.
You may also want to watch:
The speaker at this year's convention is the Rev Paul Clarke.
Paul is the evangelist at St Helen's Bishopsgate, a large church in the heart of the City of London. He is 35, married to Emilie and with three young children.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 7 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 8 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 9 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 10 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
After studying law at Durham University, Paul has worked for a number of churches round the country, and has extensive experience of working with young people in schools and universities. He is a regular speaker at university missions and his ministry focuses on bringing the good news of Jesus Christ to those outside the church who have never heard it before.
Before training at theological college Paul was instrumental in starting a new church in the London Docklands. Beginning with lunchtime meetings in pubs and bars round the office blocks of Canary Wharf the church now has a permanent home in St Peter's Barge, thought to be the UK's only floating church.
He also enjoys rugby, golf and hill-climbing.