Gettng ready for convention
Church Notes byNeil Jeffers, curate of Christ Church, Lowestoft. LAST week Church Notes featured this year's Lowestoft Living Word Convention, Reaching the Next Generation, to be held between October 19 and 22, at London Road Baptist Church.
Church Notes byNeil Jeffers, curate of Christ Church, Lowestoft.
LAST week Church Notes featured this year's Lowestoft Living Word Convention, Reaching the Next Generation, to be held between October 19 and 22, at London Road Baptist Church.
It's run by a partnership of local churches, and is open to all.
You may also want to watch:
The speaker at this year's convention is the Rev Paul Clarke.
Paul is the evangelist at St Helen's Bishopsgate, a large church in the heart of the City of London. He is 35, married to Emilie and with three young children.
- 1 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 9 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
After studying law at Durham University, Paul has worked for a number of churches round the country, and has extensive experience of working with young people in schools and universities. He is a regular speaker at university missions and his ministry focuses on bringing the good news of Jesus Christ to those outside the church who have never heard it before.
Before training at theological college Paul was instrumental in starting a new church in the London Docklands. Beginning with lunchtime meetings in pubs and bars round the office blocks of Canary Wharf the church now has a permanent home in St Peter's Barge, thought to be the UK's only floating church.
He also enjoys rugby, golf and hill-climbing.