Ghostly new feature film gives up-and-coming Lowestoft actors chance to shine
- Credit: Archant
Three up-and-coming Lowestoft actors are set to feature in a spooky new feature film.
Angeline Hunt, Sophie Scannell and Kyle Malan fought off stiff competition to secure roles in 'The Haunted Hotel', an independent motion picture that takes the form of an anthology featuring eight stories.
The tales span various decades between 1830 and the present day, with each of the three actors from the town appearing in one segment each.
Angeline Hunt will be Francesca in 'The Contraption', Sophie Scannell is set to play Laura in 'The Writer' and Kyle Malan will portray Hobbit in 'Devil Inside'.
The new film is the creation of local production company, FILM Suffolk, whose producers Matthew McGuchan, Julien Mery and Nick Woolgar are building on the success of last year's award-winning feature, 'With Love from Suffolk'. Also working on the project are Livid Films and Nick Woolgar Films.
You may also want to watch:
Filming for the movie took place at the The Great White Horse Hotel in Ipswich, where Charles Dickens stayed in 1834, prompting him to immortalise the town and describe the hotel at length in his 1836 classic, 'The Pickwick Papers'.
The crew's art department was kept busy with the need to style each room of the hotel accordingly in order to match the relevant time period.
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 8 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 9 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 10 Fourth place for Giarnni and GB quartet in team gymnastics Olympic final
Established Lowestoft-based actors Dominic Taylor, Nick Murray Brown, Mandy Wisher and Agnes Lillis also have roles to play.
In addition, Ms Lillis' role as casting director saw the signature of big names to the project, including Reece Ritchie (Rellik), Hugh Fraser (Poirot), Paul Moriarty (Eastenders) and Rob Jarvis (Luther).
The project is an entirely not-for-profit venture, with a total of around 130 volunteer cast and crew working on the film to bring the eight original scripts to life.
Using crowdfunding and other investments, FILM Suffolk managed to raise the £10,000 that it had originally targeted in order to bring the project to fruition.
The film is currently in post-production and the team is working hard towards the first cast and crew screening scheduled for Halloween.
For more information about the film, visit www.haunted-hotel.co.uk