Ghostly new feature film gives up-and-coming Lowestoft actors chance to shine
- Credit: Archant
Three up-and-coming Lowestoft actors are set to feature in a spooky new feature film.
Angeline Hunt, Sophie Scannell and Kyle Malan fought off stiff competition to secure roles in 'The Haunted Hotel', an independent motion picture that takes the form of an anthology featuring eight stories.
The tales span various decades between 1830 and the present day, with each of the three actors from the town appearing in one segment each.
Angeline Hunt will be Francesca in 'The Contraption', Sophie Scannell is set to play Laura in 'The Writer' and Kyle Malan will portray Hobbit in 'Devil Inside'.
The new film is the creation of local production company, FILM Suffolk, whose producers Matthew McGuchan, Julien Mery and Nick Woolgar are building on the success of last year's award-winning feature, 'With Love from Suffolk'. Also working on the project are Livid Films and Nick Woolgar Films.
You may also want to watch:
Filming for the movie took place at the The Great White Horse Hotel in Ipswich, where Charles Dickens stayed in 1834, prompting him to immortalise the town and describe the hotel at length in his 1836 classic, 'The Pickwick Papers'.
The crew's art department was kept busy with the need to style each room of the hotel accordingly in order to match the relevant time period.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
Established Lowestoft-based actors Dominic Taylor, Nick Murray Brown, Mandy Wisher and Agnes Lillis also have roles to play.
In addition, Ms Lillis' role as casting director saw the signature of big names to the project, including Reece Ritchie (Rellik), Hugh Fraser (Poirot), Paul Moriarty (Eastenders) and Rob Jarvis (Luther).
The project is an entirely not-for-profit venture, with a total of around 130 volunteer cast and crew working on the film to bring the eight original scripts to life.
Using crowdfunding and other investments, FILM Suffolk managed to raise the £10,000 that it had originally targeted in order to bring the project to fruition.
The film is currently in post-production and the team is working hard towards the first cast and crew screening scheduled for Halloween.
For more information about the film, visit www.haunted-hotel.co.uk