Gillingham road reopens after crash
The A143 near Gillingham was closed to traffic at lunchtime today following a crash involving two vehicles.A silver Toyota and a blue Nissan were involved in a collision shortly before 1.
The A143 near Gillingham was closed to traffic at lunchtime today following a crash involving two vehicles.
A silver Toyota and a blue Nissan were involved in a collision shortly before 1.30pm.
Fire crews from Beccles and Yarmouth were sent to the scene and released one person who was trapped using hydraulic rescue equipment. One person was taken to hospital as a precaution.
A spokesman from Norfolk police confirmed that the incident took place near Gillingham, Beccles on the eastbound lane of the A143 at the junction with Waterloo.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed in both directions at 1.50pm and diversions were put in place until it was reopened at 3.40pm.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 8 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 9 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 10 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'