Gillingham road reopens after crash
The A143 near Gillingham was closed to traffic at lunchtime today following a crash involving two vehicles.A silver Toyota and a blue Nissan were involved in a collision shortly before 1.
The A143 near Gillingham was closed to traffic at lunchtime today following a crash involving two vehicles.
A silver Toyota and a blue Nissan were involved in a collision shortly before 1.30pm.
Fire crews from Beccles and Yarmouth were sent to the scene and released one person who was trapped using hydraulic rescue equipment. One person was taken to hospital as a precaution.
A spokesman from Norfolk police confirmed that the incident took place near Gillingham, Beccles on the eastbound lane of the A143 at the junction with Waterloo.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed in both directions at 1.50pm and diversions were put in place until it was reopened at 3.40pm.
- 1 How £540m boost could transform Lowestoft for generations to come
- 2 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 3 Major investments at 'incredibly exciting time' for coastal town
- 4 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building
- 5 Teen lands in court over spate of thefts from vehicles
- 6 Two people injured after crash between BMW and Vauxhall
- 7 Town braced for 'bumper summer season' post-lockdown
- 8 Hospital first in UK to open vaccine clinic for people with disabilities
- 9 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 10 Bid to demolish care home and build new one rejected