Gillingham road reopens after crash
The A143 near Gillingham was closed to traffic at lunchtime today following a crash involving two vehicles.A silver Toyota and a blue Nissan were involved in a collision shortly before 1.
The A143 near Gillingham was closed to traffic at lunchtime today following a crash involving two vehicles.
A silver Toyota and a blue Nissan were involved in a collision shortly before 1.30pm.
Fire crews from Beccles and Yarmouth were sent to the scene and released one person who was trapped using hydraulic rescue equipment. One person was taken to hospital as a precaution.
A spokesman from Norfolk police confirmed that the incident took place near Gillingham, Beccles on the eastbound lane of the A143 at the junction with Waterloo.
The road was closed in both directions at 1.50pm and diversions were put in place until it was reopened at 3.40pm.
- 1 Restaurant owner 'optimistic' for future after Christmas cancellations
- 2 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 3 Man arrested in Lowestoft after stop and search finds cannabis and cash
- 4 New homes and retail unit bid for vacant former Tesco store
- 5 Coastal wreckage scuba diving club searching for new members
- 6 'Don't suffer in silence': Support on offer as UK heads for inflation spike
- 7 Holocaust memorial ceremony to be held at town's rail station
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 10 'Blight' of fly-tipping on rise in east Suffolk as council vows clampdown