Gillingham road reopens after crash
The A143 near Gillingham was closed to traffic at lunchtime today following a crash involving two vehicles.A silver Toyota and a blue Nissan were involved in a collision shortly before 1.
The A143 near Gillingham was closed to traffic at lunchtime today following a crash involving two vehicles.
A silver Toyota and a blue Nissan were involved in a collision shortly before 1.30pm.
Fire crews from Beccles and Yarmouth were sent to the scene and released one person who was trapped using hydraulic rescue equipment. One person was taken to hospital as a precaution.
A spokesman from Norfolk police confirmed that the incident took place near Gillingham, Beccles on the eastbound lane of the A143 at the junction with Waterloo.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed in both directions at 1.50pm and diversions were put in place until it was reopened at 3.40pm.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 10 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull