Gillingham road reopens after crash
The A143 near Gillingham was closed to traffic at lunchtime today following a crash involving two vehicles.A silver Toyota and a blue Nissan were involved in a collision shortly before 1.
The A143 near Gillingham was closed to traffic at lunchtime today following a crash involving two vehicles.
A silver Toyota and a blue Nissan were involved in a collision shortly before 1.30pm.
Fire crews from Beccles and Yarmouth were sent to the scene and released one person who was trapped using hydraulic rescue equipment. One person was taken to hospital as a precaution.
A spokesman from Norfolk police confirmed that the incident took place near Gillingham, Beccles on the eastbound lane of the A143 at the junction with Waterloo.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed in both directions at 1.50pm and diversions were put in place until it was reopened at 3.40pm.
- 1 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 6 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 7 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 10 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault