Girl reports being grabbed by a man in Carlton Colville
Hayley MacePolice in Lowestoft are appealing for information after a nine-year-old girl reported being grabbed by the wrist by a man in the town.The girl was cycling along Famona Road to a friend's house between 4.15pm and 5.10pm on Wednesday.Hayley Mace
Police in Lowestoft are appealing for information after a nine-year-old girl reported being grabbed by the wrist by a man in the town.
The girl was cycling along Famona Road to a friend's house between 4.15pm and 5.10pm on Wednesday when she passed a man, described as white, aged in his 40s to early 50s, with a bald head, wearing glasses, black trousers and a black jumper.
The man, who was standing beside a dark coloured car, spoke to her and then grabbed her wrist. She struggled free and went on her way.
Police need to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time, regardless of whether they think they saw anything or not.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 4 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 5 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 6 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 7 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 8 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 9 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 10 Three men arrested after van targeted in break-in