Gold medal for Southwold-based Adnams’ Copper House Dry Gin in International Wine and Spirit Competition
- Credit: Archant
Southwold brewer and distiller Adnams is celebrating more awards – and a sales boost – for its flagship gin brand.
Adnams Copper House Dry Gin has picked up a gold medal in the category for gins ideal for drinking with tonic in the 2017 International Wine and Spirit Competition (IWSC) which recognises quality and excellence in wines, spirits and liqueurs from across the globe.
The judging panel described Copper House Dry Gin, which also received a Silver Outstanding award as a standalone gin, as: 'Generously flavoured and confident, with sublime balance and approachability.
'An engaging interplay of juniper and citrus is set beautifully against quinine, and lifts off on a lingering finish,' they added. 'Made for tonic water – this is a superb match!'
The latest awards for Copper House Dry Gin, which won the IWSC's overall World's Best Gin title in 2013, coincide with new data from market analyst Nielsen showing that it now ranks among the top 25 best-selling gins in the UK take-home market.
You may also want to watch:
In response to the growing popularity of the brand, Adnams has also recently launched the spirit as a ready-made gin and tonic in a can.
Adnams also picked up silver medals for three more of its gins at this year's IWSC – Adnams First Rate Triple Malt Dry Gin, Adnams Rising Sun Gin and Adnams Sloe Gin.
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 7 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 8 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death
- 9 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 10 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
Adnams Single Malt Whisky also received a silver medal, Adnams Longshore Triple Malt Vodka (winner of the IWSC World's Best Vodka title in 2014) won bronze this year and, in the packaging design category, there was also a bronze for Adnams Rye Hill Vodka.
Emma Hibbert, marketing director at Adnams, said: 'We are always delighted when our spirits perform well at the IWSC. It's an incredibly prestigious competition and judges drinks of the finest quality.
'Winning at the IWSC not only acknowledges the care and attention to detail we put into our products but also confirms that our spirits are amongst some of the best in the world.'