Good weather for charity gala day
THOUSANDS of people turned out yesterday for a leading event on the charity fundraising calendar in Lowestoft.The sun shone as people flocked to the Lowestoft Lions' charity gala day at Nicholas Everitt Park, Oulton Broad.
THOUSANDS of people turned out yesterday for a leading event on the charity fundraising calendar in Lowestoft.
The sun shone as people flocked to the Lowestoft Lions' charity gala day at Nicholas Everitt Park, Oulton Broad.
The action-packed event featured fairground rides, entertainment, music, food and stalls.
Holidaymakers and locals enjoyed entertainment including power boat racing, the Maiden in Distress raft race, The Lowestoft Dog Agility Display Team, birds of prey and a Punch and Judy show.
You may also want to watch:
The event was set to be rounded off last night with a fireworks display.
Trevor Waters, chairman of the gala day committee, said: 'Things started off a little slowly in terms of numbers, but it has got better throughout the day. We have no idea of numbers at the moment, but we certainly have a good crowd here.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
- 8 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 9 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 10 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
'The weather has been kind to us this year and things have gone fairly smoothly with no major hiccups. We have provided a bit more children's entertainment than we have had in the past, and we do try to find new things to do every year.'
For more pictures, see this week's Journal.