Good weather for charity gala day
THOUSANDS of people turned out yesterday for a leading event on the charity fundraising calendar in Lowestoft.The sun shone as people flocked to the Lowestoft Lions' charity gala day at Nicholas Everitt Park, Oulton Broad.
THOUSANDS of people turned out yesterday for a leading event on the charity fundraising calendar in Lowestoft.
The sun shone as people flocked to the Lowestoft Lions' charity gala day at Nicholas Everitt Park, Oulton Broad.
The action-packed event featured fairground rides, entertainment, music, food and stalls.
Holidaymakers and locals enjoyed entertainment including power boat racing, the Maiden in Distress raft race, The Lowestoft Dog Agility Display Team, birds of prey and a Punch and Judy show.
You may also want to watch:
The event was set to be rounded off last night with a fireworks display.
Trevor Waters, chairman of the gala day committee, said: 'Things started off a little slowly in terms of numbers, but it has got better throughout the day. We have no idea of numbers at the moment, but we certainly have a good crowd here.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
'The weather has been kind to us this year and things have gone fairly smoothly with no major hiccups. We have provided a bit more children's entertainment than we have had in the past, and we do try to find new things to do every year.'
For more pictures, see this week's Journal.