Good weather for charity gala day
THOUSANDS of people turned out yesterday for a leading event on the charity fundraising calendar in Lowestoft.The sun shone as people flocked to the Lowestoft Lions' charity gala day at Nicholas Everitt Park, Oulton Broad.
THOUSANDS of people turned out yesterday for a leading event on the charity fundraising calendar in Lowestoft.
The sun shone as people flocked to the Lowestoft Lions' charity gala day at Nicholas Everitt Park, Oulton Broad.
The action-packed event featured fairground rides, entertainment, music, food and stalls.
Holidaymakers and locals enjoyed entertainment including power boat racing, the Maiden in Distress raft race, The Lowestoft Dog Agility Display Team, birds of prey and a Punch and Judy show.
You may also want to watch:
The event was set to be rounded off last night with a fireworks display.
Trevor Waters, chairman of the gala day committee, said: 'Things started off a little slowly in terms of numbers, but it has got better throughout the day. We have no idea of numbers at the moment, but we certainly have a good crowd here.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 8 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 9 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 10 Pharmacy announced as latest site to begin coronavirus vaccinations
'The weather has been kind to us this year and things have gone fairly smoothly with no major hiccups. We have provided a bit more children's entertainment than we have had in the past, and we do try to find new things to do every year.'
For more pictures, see this week's Journal.