Funds raised for cancer charity at successful cake sale
- Credit: Archant
Cakes were baked as part of a fundraising drive to boost a worthy cause.
A charity cake sale was hailed a success – as funds were raised in aid of the Marie Curie cancer charity.
Goodwin Cowley Solicitors in Lowestoft held the cake sale morning earlier this month at their office on Regent Road, as £114 was raised for Marie Curie.
Amanda Pearson, practice manager at Goodwin Cowley, said: 'We are very pleased with the result and our clients have been most generous in helping to raise funds in aid of Marie Curie - it was a great morning and we would like to thank everyone who donated.
'Our staff did us proud and their reputation as excellent bakers is spreading swiftly across Lowestoft!'
You may also want to watch:
The money raised from the cake sale will help Marie Curie nurses to provide more free care to people with terminal illnesses in their own homes or at one of the charity's hospices.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 3 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 7 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 8 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat