Gorgeous Broad paddle boat shot wins picture of the week
- Credit: Archant
A stunning shot taken from a boat on the broads shows three people paddle boating at sunset against the reflective water.
This week's Picture of the Week was taken by Jackie Pittam at the end of summer on a perfect and hot evening, August 23, and is called 'Across the water'.
Mrs Pittam said: "I took this from our boat on my phone. The quality isn't brilliant but it captured the serenity of the night to perfection.
"It was a hot summer night, the broads were like a millpond.
"I'm not sure who the lads were on the board but they were enjoying themselves.
You may also want to watch:
"There is no better place to be than the broads."
Mrs Pittam is an avid photographer but that evening hadn't thought to take out her best camera, but when she saw the scene she had pull out her phone to take the photo.
- 1 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 2 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 3 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 9 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers
- 10 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
She said: "Maybe I should've taken my Canon camera but sadly didn't - I won't make that mistake again. "
As our winner, Mrs Pittam receives a 10in x 8in framed version of the photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft.
To enter our weekly competition, email your pictures to Lowestoft.Journal@archant.co.uk.
Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.