Award-winning children’s author to launch new book in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning author will release her brand new book in Lowestoft this weekend.
Gracie Wright, who was nominated for the Pride of Britain awards, will launch her new book, Silly Eric Never Gives Up, on Saturday, June 9.
It is the next in line of her series of children's picture books, Silly Eric, Silly Eric & The Birthday Cake and Tea with Bea, which have been a hit with kids locally and throughout the UK.
Ms Wright, from the Beccles area, was hit by a car on the A12 in Wrentham at the age of 11 in 1996, forcing her to relearn everything after suffering from a sudden loss of her identity and all her childhood memories.
Her work with children has sent her all over the world, holding creative workshops and motivational talks.
You may also want to watch:
The new book, Silly Eric Never Gives Up, playfully captures the charm of the trying hard through a school test day, as Eric and Birdy tackle the tricky questions.
The balance of vibrant colours and white space gives this book a delightful fun and friendly feel, allowing Silly Eric's character room to develop with Birdy and Mr. Orange.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
The combination of sketching style of illustration with textured collage created by new illustrator Brandon Mattless brings a three dimensional feel, which perfectly matches the first Silly Eric book.
Ms Wright said: 'I am so grateful for Brandon's involvement in this project; he is a great pleasure to work with and allows me to be me in the creative process, due to his calm nature and creative ideas.
'In all honesty, I think he can read my mind, it's that perfect'
She added: 'I am hoping that when families read the new book Silly Eric Never Gives Up they will not only fall in love with the fun illustrations, but will also be able to relate to the theme and feel truly encouraged to keep on trying.'
The launch of the new book will take place at Lowestoft library tomorrow (Saturday, June 9), with readers encouraged to drop in from 10am to noon for story time from the new book, games, colouring in and pictures at the selfie station.
Are you holding an event in the Waveney area?
You can tell The Journal by sending all the details via email to email@example.com or alternatively you can call reporters on 01502 525820.