Grand Henham Steam Rally returns to ‘spiritual home’
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Grand Henham Steam Rally is set to return to its 'spiritual home' of Henham Park in September, in a deal which looks set to see the event stay in the area for the foreseeable future.
The rally will take place on September 17 and 18, promising a packed weekend of attractions and entertainment.
Chairman of the organising committee Mike Powell-Evans said: 'Henham Park is the spiritual home of the rally and we are delighted to be returning.
'Last year's rally at Trinity Park (in Ipswich) was well-attended and despite the challenges of a completely new venue, we were pleased with the 2015 event.
'However, we are always happiest when we are at Henham. Most of our rallies over the past 40 years have been held at Henham Park and we are grateful to the park management for inviting us back. We hope to remain there for many years to come.'
You may also want to watch:
The rally, which is now in its 42nd year, raises thousands of pounds for local organisations, and has previously given money to Wangford and District Community Council, the Parochial Church Councils of Sotherton, Wangford cum Henham and Uggeshall, Suffolk Mind and the Southwold (Sole Bay) Lions.
Hektor Rous, estate manager of the Henham estate between Halesworth and Southwold, said: 'Henham Park is very pleased to welcome back the Grand Henham Steam Rally and its magnificent steam engines and family-friendly atmosphere.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 5 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings
'This event raises considerable and much-needed funds for the local community through the work of its many volunteers and we look forward to seeing these majestic engines roll across the park once more.'
Volunteers are always needed to help with the rally throughout the year, as well as helping on the site during the rally weekend.
For more information about joining the rally team, email email@example.com.