Grand Henham Steam Rally returns to ‘spiritual home’
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Grand Henham Steam Rally is set to return to its 'spiritual home' of Henham Park in September, in a deal which looks set to see the event stay in the area for the foreseeable future.
The rally will take place on September 17 and 18, promising a packed weekend of attractions and entertainment.
Chairman of the organising committee Mike Powell-Evans said: 'Henham Park is the spiritual home of the rally and we are delighted to be returning.
'Last year's rally at Trinity Park (in Ipswich) was well-attended and despite the challenges of a completely new venue, we were pleased with the 2015 event.
'However, we are always happiest when we are at Henham. Most of our rallies over the past 40 years have been held at Henham Park and we are grateful to the park management for inviting us back. We hope to remain there for many years to come.'
You may also want to watch:
The rally, which is now in its 42nd year, raises thousands of pounds for local organisations, and has previously given money to Wangford and District Community Council, the Parochial Church Councils of Sotherton, Wangford cum Henham and Uggeshall, Suffolk Mind and the Southwold (Sole Bay) Lions.
Hektor Rous, estate manager of the Henham estate between Halesworth and Southwold, said: 'Henham Park is very pleased to welcome back the Grand Henham Steam Rally and its magnificent steam engines and family-friendly atmosphere.
- 1 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 2 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew
'This event raises considerable and much-needed funds for the local community through the work of its many volunteers and we look forward to seeing these majestic engines roll across the park once more.'
Volunteers are always needed to help with the rally throughout the year, as well as helping on the site during the rally weekend.
For more information about joining the rally team, email firstname.lastname@example.org.