Students set to shine on stage for ‘classic’ Grease The Musical production
- Credit: Archant
A few months ago, a Lowestoft academy entertained audiences with a Christmas spectacular.
And in the coming days students will be returning to the stage at Benjamin Britten Music Academy for four performances of its end-of-year show, 'Grease The Musical.'
Billed as "the automatic, systematic, hydromatic, 50's classic," the summer production will be showcased at the high school on Blyford Road on Friday, July 19 at 7pm and on July 22, 23 and 24.
There will also be a special matinee performance on Sunday, July 21.
After 80 students from all year groups auditioned and were successful in securing roles in the summer production, with a further 25 students in the technician crew, the youngsters have been rehearsing for 10 weeks to bring this classic to life.
You may also want to watch:
Head of performing arts, Mrs Breen, said: "The staff and students have worked so hard to bring the classic Grease to our school.
"Every year our students put on an amazing show and this is no exception.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
"The students here are so talented and have completely embodied these classic characters. We are proud of every single one of them."
With the technical and backstage crew, led by Mr Chapman, continuing to grow they recently won the Crew award at the school's Rock Challenge showcase in Stevenage.
Mr Chapman said: "The crew's dedication and hard work enable us to bring this spectacular show to life.
"Every year we hire a professional set and the challenge and skill required for this production is incredibly high."
Along with professional stage costumes, this performance promises to be truly spectacular!
Year 11 student Ezme Anderson said: "I have been in every show since joining in Year 7. This is my 10th and final one and I have loved every minute."
Year 7 student Dexter Benjamin added: "I couldn't believe it when I landed the role of Vince Fontain for my very first production here.
"I am really looking forward to performing in front of a big audience".
The productions at Benjamin Britten Music Academy have been delivered with great success, providing a cornerstone of the academic year.
Tickets are currently on sale for Grease The Musical via www.ticketsource.co.uk/benjamin-britten-school at £8.50 each (50p booking fee).
There is also a matinee performance on Sunday, July 21, with tickets available from the main school office priced at £7.