Great Yarmotuh stretch limo owner fined
Anthony CarrollThe owner of a stretch limousine has been fined �175 for carrying passengers to a school prom in Great Yarmouth without a proper licence.Anthony Carroll
The owner of a stretch limousine has been fined �175 for carrying passengers to a school prom in Great Yarmouth without a proper licence.
Mark Colman was spotted by a Yarmouth Borough Council enforcement officer in Fremantle Road on June 27 as he dropped off passengers at the racecourse for the high school prom.
On Friday Yarmouth magistrates heard Colman's vehicle had no markings or plates saying it was licensed and that he had previously tried to licence his limousine but had failed council tests.
Colman, who did not attend the hearing, was fined �175 and ordered to pay �220 costs to the council after magistrates found him guilty of being the owner of a stretch limousine without having a current private hire vehicle licence.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 2 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 3 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 4 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 5 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 6 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 7 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 8 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 9 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
- 10 Fascinating insight into Norfolk and Suffolk railway scene released