Great Yarmotuh stretch limo owner fined
Anthony CarrollThe owner of a stretch limousine has been fined �175 for carrying passengers to a school prom in Great Yarmouth without a proper licence.Anthony Carroll
The owner of a stretch limousine has been fined �175 for carrying passengers to a school prom in Great Yarmouth without a proper licence.
Mark Colman was spotted by a Yarmouth Borough Council enforcement officer in Fremantle Road on June 27 as he dropped off passengers at the racecourse for the high school prom.
On Friday Yarmouth magistrates heard Colman's vehicle had no markings or plates saying it was licensed and that he had previously tried to licence his limousine but had failed council tests.
Colman, who did not attend the hearing, was fined �175 and ordered to pay �220 costs to the council after magistrates found him guilty of being the owner of a stretch limousine without having a current private hire vehicle licence.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft