Great Yarmotuh stretch limo owner fined
Anthony CarrollThe owner of a stretch limousine has been fined �175 for carrying passengers to a school prom in Great Yarmouth without a proper licence.Anthony Carroll
The owner of a stretch limousine has been fined �175 for carrying passengers to a school prom in Great Yarmouth without a proper licence.
Mark Colman was spotted by a Yarmouth Borough Council enforcement officer in Fremantle Road on June 27 as he dropped off passengers at the racecourse for the high school prom.
On Friday Yarmouth magistrates heard Colman's vehicle had no markings or plates saying it was licensed and that he had previously tried to licence his limousine but had failed council tests.
Colman, who did not attend the hearing, was fined �175 and ordered to pay �220 costs to the council after magistrates found him guilty of being the owner of a stretch limousine without having a current private hire vehicle licence.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 2 Fire damages children's play area in Lowestoft
- 3 Man dies following collision on A12
- 4 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 5 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 6 Tools stolen from work van during night time break-in
- 7 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 8 Plans for glamping site on Suffolk coast withdrawn
- 9 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
- 10 Work to resume on £15m project to give thousands ultrafast broadband