Free ‘rail ale’ walk for rail travellers from Norfolk and Suffolk
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Ramblers and fans of real ale will have the chance to sample two of Norfolk's finest pastimes for free for English Tourism week.
Greater Anglia, in partnership with the Humpty Dumpty Brewery and Wherry Lines Community Rail Partnership are offering a free guided 'rail ale' walk on Saturday, March 24.
The walk, starting at the Reedcutter Inn, three minutes from Cantley station, at 12.45pm, and will end three miles down the road at Reedham Ferry Inn by the River Yare, only 15 minutes from Reedham station.
To join the free event, catch the 11:36 service to Cantley from Norwich, arriving at 11:52, the 11.48 from Lowestoft, arriving at 12:16, or the 11.17 from Great Yarmouth - changing at Brundall - arriving at 11:52.
Lesley George, partner and business manager at Humpty Dumpty Brewery, said: 'We live in a beautiful part of the county which is well-served by trains, walks and pubs. We thought this was a good opportunity to make the most of our lovely countryside and views, from the trains and footpaths, as well as enjoy the hospitality from two of our local pubs, including local ales!'
You may also want to watch:
Maggie Tan, Community Rail Norfolk's development officer, said: 'This walk is a fantastic community rail event that celebrates the area's rich heritage, local food and drink, and healthy exercise all at once.
'There are many great walks out in the Norfolk countryside maintained by local authorities that are accessible by train. Hopefully, this guided walk will introduce many people to a great day out along the Wherry Lines.'
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 5 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 8 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
To book a place on the walk, call Humpty Dumpty Brewery at 01493 701818.