Chance to turn station rooms across Norfolk and Suffolk into community assets
- Credit: James Bass
Empty spaces at train stations across Norfolk and Suffolk are being offered out for community use.
Greater Anglia is offering the chance to turn unused or under-utilised rooms that have come available over the years into community assets.
Stations such as Lowestoft and Reedham already have successful schemes where station buildings have been reborn with a new purpose.
In Lowestoft, a tourist information office has been created in one of the disused rooms, while at Reedham the team of station adopters have created a museum.
Event or exhibition space is being offered short term and free of charge for non-profit making organisations at 20 of Greater Anglia's large stations including Great Yarmouth, Norwich and Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
Small community space to lease to companies on a not for profit basis is also on offer at stations including Acle, Attleborough, Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft.
Greater Anglia also has some large station houses needing more substantial investment, available on a lease basis at stations including Lakenheath and Thetford.
- 1 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 2 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 3 Woman bruised after being bitten by dog
- 4 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 5 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 6 Pier owners looking forward to bright future
- 7 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 8 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 9 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 10 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"
Head of corporate affairs Jonathan Denby said: 'We're passionate about the positive role the railway plays in the region and we're looking forward to strengthening that role by increasing the part our stations can play in supporting local communities.
'Our new community stations scheme will offer up existing space for community use at some stations. This is already happening at some of our stations and we are looking to extend that approach across the network.'
Anyone who is interested should visit https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/about-us/community-space