Trains disrupted this morning between Lowestoft and Oulton Broad South
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Trains running to and from Lowestoft this morning are facing disruption due to a points failure.
Greater Anglia announced via its Twitter account earlier today, December 12, that services running to and from Lowestoft may be cancelled or revised.
A points failure between Lowestoft and Oulton Broad South means that all lines are blocked between those stations.
Disruption is expected until 11.30am.
Network Rail engineers are on site and are working as quickly as possible to restore the train service to normal.
You may also want to watch:
Train services from Ipswich to Lowestoft will terminate and start from Oulton Broad South.
A rail replacement bus service will operate between Oulton Broad South and Lowestoft, whilst taxis are also being arranged for passengers between Oulton Broad South and Lowestoft.
- 1 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 2 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man in 30s suffers emergency in Kessingland
- 4 Why a strange light was seen flying over Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 7 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 8 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 9 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 10 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
Commuters are advised to check service updates before travelling.
Specific train service alterations can be found by visiting the Greater Anglia website.