Trains disrupted this morning between Lowestoft and Oulton Broad South
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Trains running to and from Lowestoft this morning are facing disruption due to a points failure.
Greater Anglia announced via its Twitter account earlier today, December 12, that services running to and from Lowestoft may be cancelled or revised.
A points failure between Lowestoft and Oulton Broad South means that all lines are blocked between those stations.
Disruption is expected until 11.30am.
Network Rail engineers are on site and are working as quickly as possible to restore the train service to normal.
You may also want to watch:
Train services from Ipswich to Lowestoft will terminate and start from Oulton Broad South.
A rail replacement bus service will operate between Oulton Broad South and Lowestoft, whilst taxis are also being arranged for passengers between Oulton Broad South and Lowestoft.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
Commuters are advised to check service updates before travelling.
Specific train service alterations can be found by visiting the Greater Anglia website.