Trains disrupted this morning between Lowestoft and Oulton Broad South
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Trains running to and from Lowestoft this morning are facing disruption due to a points failure.
Greater Anglia announced via its Twitter account earlier today, December 12, that services running to and from Lowestoft may be cancelled or revised.
A points failure between Lowestoft and Oulton Broad South means that all lines are blocked between those stations.
Disruption is expected until 11.30am.
Network Rail engineers are on site and are working as quickly as possible to restore the train service to normal.
You may also want to watch:
Train services from Ipswich to Lowestoft will terminate and start from Oulton Broad South.
A rail replacement bus service will operate between Oulton Broad South and Lowestoft, whilst taxis are also being arranged for passengers between Oulton Broad South and Lowestoft.
- 1 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 2 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 3 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 4 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 5 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 6 Club puts safety and well-being first as facility is 'closed to all'
- 7 Coup for Blues with signing of former Norwich City youngster
- 8 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 9 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 10 High street store for auction as 'residential development'
Commuters are advised to check service updates before travelling.
Specific train service alterations can be found by visiting the Greater Anglia website.