Greggs to open second Lowestoft store - creating ten new jobs
- Credit: Greggs
Greggs have announced their second Lowestoft store will open on a newly built retail park later this week.
The store will open at Unit 5 on the Gateway Retail Park which is being built on the former Zephyr Cams factory site in south Lowestoft.
Ten new jobs have been created through the opening.
Kevin Robinson, shop manager at the Lowestoft Gateway Retail Park, said: "We cannot wait to open our doors and hear what the local community thinks.
"We hope customers enjoy the wide range of tasty items we have on offer."
You may also want to watch:
The store will open on Friday, May 17.
Roisin Currie, retail and people director for Greggs, said: "We are delighted to be able to invest in Lowestoft, bringing new jobs to the area and providing both new and existing customers with a modern and convenient new shop."
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 5 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
The £9.3 million retail park is also set to feature a drive-thru Costa, Aldi, Card Factory, Subway and The Range.
With the area having been derelict since the factory closed in 2002, the Gateway plans were first revealed in 2014 and planning approval was granted in December 2016.