Greggs’ vegan sausage roll is coming to Lowestoft
- Credit: Greggs
A popular pastry which caused debate across the nation is finally coming to Lowestoft.
Greggs has announced its vegan sausage rolls will be available at all 1,950 of its UK stores by March 8.
When the meat-free treat was initially made available earlier this year it was only rolled out in 950 stores.
And the Lowestoft branch of the bakery, in London Road North, missed out on the chance to serve the new pastry.
However, the wait will soon be over.
You may also want to watch:
Greggs will be bringing the vegan sausage roll to an additional 250 shops a week until every store stocks the meat-free snack.
The vegan roll was launched after PETA launched a petition last year calling for the bakery to add the option to its arsenal.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 4 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 10 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall