Ground floor fire in Lowestoft on Friday evening is believed to have started in the fuse box
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to a fire on the ground floor of a property in Waveney Crescent, Lowestoft on Friday February 27.
Police were initially alerted by the fire service to reports that people may be trapped in the house, however it was found that there was no-one inside.
It appears the fire may have started in a fuse box at the property.
A spokesman from Suffolk Fire and Rescue said they 'received a call at 10.27pm to a house that was severely smoke logged'.
'3 fire engines attended from Lowestoft South and 2 hose reels were used with full breathing apparatus.'
You may also want to watch:
The investigation was then handed over to the police.
It is also believed the fire forced an electricity company to shut off the power supply, which affected other homes in the area.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 9 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 10 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
The scene was clear by 11.06pm.