Search

Ground floor fire in Lowestoft on Friday evening is believed to have started in the fuse box

PUBLISHED: 17:28 02 March 2015 | UPDATED: 17:28 02 March 2015

Archant

Emergency services were called to a fire on the ground floor of a property in Waveney Crescent, Lowestoft on Friday February 27.

Police were initially alerted by the fire service to reports that people may be trapped in the house, however it was found that there was no-one inside.

It appears the fire may have started in a fuse box at the property.

A spokesman from Suffolk Fire and Rescue said they “received a call at 10.27pm to a house that was severely smoke logged”.

“3 fire engines attended from Lowestoft South and 2 hose reels were used with full breathing apparatus.”

The investigation was then handed over to the police.

It is also believed the fire forced an electricity company to shut off the power supply, which affected other homes in the area.

The scene was clear by 11.06pm.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Lowestoft Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Lowestoft Journal